New York Insurance Continuing Education
New York Continuing Education Requirements
Enterprise Training School Provider #: NYPO-102960
Click on the link below to view the courses we offer:
NY Live Webinar Courses
Need more information? Click here for detailed information on our New York Insurance Continuing Education webinars.
Credit Hour Requirements (as of April 1, 2022):
Line Specific Requirements:
- 15 hours biennially for Life/Health, Property/Casualty and Public Adjuster licenses; 30 hours biennially for Life/Health/Property/Casualty combined licenses
- The following courses must be taken as part of the total requirement:
- 1 hour Ethics
- 1 hour Diversity, Inclusion and Elimination of Bias
- 1 hour Flood for PC Licensees
- 3 hours Flood NFIP for PC Licensees who sell NFIP products
- Courses must be in license type held
- Producers who hold both a Life/Health and Property/Casualty license must complete the full Continuing Education requirement in courses approved for Life/Health and the full Continuing Education requirement in courses approved for Property/Casualty. Courses that are approved for both Life/Health and Property/Casualty, "bridge courses," may be applied concurrently to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty requirement for the licensee.
Requirement for Producers who want to sell New York State Long Term Care Partnership Insurance = Complete a one-time 6 hour training course prior to marketing Long Term Care Partnership. This course is only offered by the New York Department of Financial Services, and is available at: https://nyspltc.health.ny.gov/agents/index.htm
Compliance Renewal Date:
Producer's license term is every two (2) years based on the producer's date of birth in even or odd years. Producers born in even years, renew on their birth date in even years; producers born in odd years renew on their birth date in odd years. Public Adjusters license term ends on 12/31 of even-numbered years.
Licensees will not receive credit for any course previously completed for continuing education credit. Please confirm that you have not completed a course listed under the same course number prior to attending.
New York State Department of Financial Services
1 Commerce Plaza 20th Floor
Albany, NY 12257
More Information on New York Insurance Continuing Education Webinars:
We offer 2 and 4 credit New York insurance CE webinar courses. They are live classroom courses completed via the web! Our New York insurance continuing education webinars are scheduled at specific dates and times and presented by a live instructor (please note: all webinar times on our calendar are stated in EASTERN TIME).
New York insurance CE webinars can be completed from anywhere (home, office, etc.) and on anything (laptop, tablet, smartphone). There is NO EXAM!
The student will need to communicate with the instructor each hour via a chat box and a “raise hand” button to verify attendance. THE INSTRUCTOR WILL GO OVER ALL INSTRUCTIONS AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH WEBINAR. It’s simple, it’s easy, and there is NO EXAM. Login, Listen, and earn your credits!
Frequently Asked Questions on New York Insurance Continuing Education Webinars:
What’s the difference between Webinar and Classroom courses?
The biggest difference is that Webinars can be completed from anywhere with an internet connection. As with classroom, each webinar is conducted by a live instructor where you will be able to listen and view their presentation.
What’s the difference between Webinar and Online courses?
Online courses are completely Self-Study. You can stop and start at your own convenience. With each online course the student will need to review the material and pass an exam to receive credit.
New York insurance CE webinars are live courses which are scheduled each week. They can be completed from anywhere (home, office, etc.) and on anything (laptop, tablet, smartphone). There is no exam!
What if my schedule changes and I can't attend the webinar?
Give us a call at 800-777-0490 to reschedule at any time. There is no fee to reschedule!
View Upcoming Webinars now...